Code covered by the BSD License
ISFID says if file IDs are valid or not
ISREALTERMHANDLE returns true or false if it is a real term handle or not
ISREALTERMINSTALLED checks if its installed or no
ISRUNNING checks if a serial or timer object is running/open or not
ISSTRING tests for row vector character array
- realterm(serialObject, va...REALTERM generates an ActiveX object from a previously configured serial
- realtermfclose(handle, ca...REALTERMFCLOSE closes communication with the Realterm serial object
- realtermfgetl(handle, cap...REALTERMFGETL reads out a "line" up to the terminator specified, but
REALTERMFOPEN connects like fopen does with serial objects (more like
- realtermfprintf(handle, i...REALTERMFPRINTF sends a command to the serial device via realterm.
- realtermfread(handle, cap...REALTERMFREAD used similarly to fread with serial objects
- realtermfscanf(handle, ca...REALTERMSCANF reads out a "line" up to the terminator specified,
- realtermfwrite(handle, in...REALTERMFWRITE sends a command to the serial device via realterm.
REALTERMSERIAL works similar to serial objects, although currently only
View all files
Realterm communications suite
06 Jan 2010
(Updated 19 Jun 2013)
Use Realterm in a similar way to using the MATLAB "serial" commands and instrument control toolbox.
function tf = isrealtermininstalled
% ISREALTERMINSTALLED checks if its installed or no
% tf = isrealterminstalled returns true or false depending on whether it
% thinks Realterm is installed or not (defined as being able to generate a
% functioning Realterm ActiveX server).
% checks the number of arguments
error(nargchk(0, 0, nargin))
% tries to generate a realterm handle
handle = actxserver('realterm.realtermintf');
% if it didn't error, it worked!
tf = true;
% try and clear up
% close it down
warning('isRealTermInstalled:closeError', 'Could not properly close the Realterm ActiveX server on shutdown.')
% remove it too
% warning again
warning('isRealTermInstalled:deleteError', 'Did not correctly remove the Realterm handle from memory on shutdown.')
% it did error - don't need to do anything to clear up
% define the response as false
tf = false;