Show off your projects that use Simulink and you could win up to $1000.
Simulink Student Challenge
MathWorks celebrates the talent, creativity, and spirit of students using Simulink. Enter the Simulink Student Challenge for your chance to win up to $1000 by submitting your original video that shows what you’ve accomplished using Simulink.
Find inspiration by checking out the projects in winning videos from recent challenges.
The submission deadline has passed.
How to Enter
- Create an original video on YouTube that includes:
- Short introduction of your problem or application
- Demonstration of how you used Simulink
- Upload your video to YouTube with the tag “#SimulinkChallenge2017”
- Submit an entry form by December 8th, 2017 (7 a.m. ET).
- December 8th, 2017: Submission deadline (7 a.m. ET).
- December 11, 2017 – January 12, 2018: Judging
- January 19, 2018: Winners announced
Prizes for Winning Team
- 1st Prize – 1000 USD
- 2nd Prize – 500 USD
- 3rd Prize – 250 USD
- You must currently be an enrolled student at a degree-granting institution
- MathWorks employees are not eligible
- If two or more videos receive the same winning score, the corresponding submitters will receive the same prize
- YouTube video length should be three to five minutes
- Teams can enter, but each team should designate only one representative per entry who receives the prize should that team win
- Participation is free.
- All entries will be judged by MathWorks application support engineers on a 100-point scale using these criteria:
- Appropriateness of entry to contest theme (30-point maximum)
- Creativity and originality of the video (40-point maximum)
- Depth of knowledge demonstrated in the challenge solution (30-point maximum)
- File Exchange entries that go with video submissions could be eligible for bonus points (5-point maximum)
- If two or more videos receive the same winning score, the corresponding submitters will receive the same prize.
- The top three winners will be notified via email and announced on this page. Social media posts may also be used to announce the winners.
- Decisions by the judges are final