Learn how to model flexible bodies using Simscape Multibody™. This technical paper explains the methods of modeling beams that bend and twist. It also covers example models that work in MATLAB releases R2016b and higher.
For MATLAB users in releases R2018b and higher, blocks that leverage these methods ship with Simscape Multibody.
- Flexible Rectangular Beam for lumped parameter modeling
- Reduced Order Flexible Solid for importing data from finite element software
- General Flexible Plate
- Learn about these blocks in this blog post:
Modeling flexible bodies using the Reduced Order Flexible Solid block
Read the paper to get:
- An overview of two methods for modeling flexible bodies
- Example models including beams and slider-crank mechanisms