MATLAB® is a high-level language and development environment used by millions of engineers for their research and design work. Robotics System Toolbox™ extends MATLAB with tools and algorithms specifically for designing, simulating, testing, and deploying robotic applications, including Universal Robots UR series cobots.
MATLAB and Robotics System Toolbox are well suited for specialized or sophisticated cobot applications, unlike UR teach pendant and graphical-based programming tools. These applications include machine learning, deep learning, computer vision, optimization, sensor fusion, and advanced signal processing.
After developing your UR application with MATLAB, you can verify it by connecting to URSim or UR hardware. You can also deploy algorithms directly on embedded targets using ROS Toolbox and MATLAB Coder™.
Capabilities and Features
MATLAB and Robotics System Toolbox let you perform the following tasks:
- Design and simulate cobot applications using pre-built algorithms for task scheduling, motion planning, collision avoidance, and more
- Connect with Universal Robots UR series robots to test and validate your algorithms
- Acquire various sensor data from UR series robots and external sensors and apply sensor fusion techniques
- Build autonomous applications using MATLAB add-on products such as Computer Vision Toolbox and Deep Learning Toolbox for machine learning, deep learning, computer vision, and more
- Generate and deploy code on the embedded targets connected to your cobot such as Nvidia Jetson