Develop a Target
A target deploys MATLAB® and Simulink® designs to embedded hardware. With targets, you can prototype, verify, and deploy your application by generating processor-specific code, integrating real-time operating systems and device drivers, and profiling execution on your embedded hardware.
The Embedded Coder® Support Package for ARM Cortex-R Processors helps you develop new Embedded Coder targets based on the ARM Cortex-R processor. This support package provides you with the following classes and functions to help develop your targets, collectively referred to as the Target Software-Development-Kit (SDK).
|An object for the target being developed
|Create an object for a bare metal scheduler used for hardware
|Trigger that runs base rate task in generated code
|Application deployment configuration
|External mode configuration
|IO interface connected to hardware
|Operating system that runs on hardware
|Processor-in-the-loop simulation configuration
|Code execution profiler that collects timing information for generated code
- What Is a Target?
An overview of the concepts of a target, including the hierarchy of targets, target features, and how targets work.
An overview of the system and product requirements, and recommended skills of a developer needed to create a target.
- Implement a Target
Procedural guide to create a target for the ARM Cortex derived hardware board. Follow the sections provide to create a custom Simulink target for your ARM Cortex derived hardware board.
- STEP 1: Preliminary Steps
- STEP 2: Create the Framework
- STEP 3: Specify the Hardware
- STEP 4: Define and Activate Features
- STEP 5: Activate the Application Deployment Feature
- STEP 6: Activate the Scheduling Feature
- STEP 7: Activate the Processor-in-the-Loop Feature
- STEP 8: Activate the External Mode Feature
- STEP 9: Activate the Code Replacement Feature
- STEP 10: Activate the Profiler Feature
- Deliver Your Target to End-Users
Deliver a target to end-users.
- Design Case for ARM Cortex-R Processors
Example design case for creating a target for an ARM Cortex-R processor.
- Class Diagram for the Target SDK
A class diagram showing the relationship and hierarchy of the Target SDK classes.