To transfer a network license to a new computer, you must be a license administrator on the license in question and have the host ID of the new server. To obtain the host ID see the following article:
What is a Host ID? How do I find my Host ID in order to activate my license?
Once you have obtained the host ID you can transfer the license to the new server.
To transfer the license:
- Go to the MathWorks License Center: http://www.mathworks.com/licensecenter
- Click on the license that you would like to transfer.
- Click on the tab "Install and Activate".
- Click on the Activation Label for the old machine.
- Click “Deactivate”.
- Once the previous activation is gone, click “Activate” and provide the new information.
- Once activation is complete, you will be able to download the new license file and File Installation Key.
Please note that deactivating your MATLAB license on the MathWorks website will not disable your existing license server. Once your clients have been migrated to the new server, you are responsible for shutting down your old license server to maintain compliance with the MATLAB Software License Agreement.
Once you have the license file for the new server, see the following article for instructions on setting up the new license server:
How do I install or update the License Manager for a network license?
After you have set up the new license server, the client computers that run MATLAB will need to be adjusted to aim at the new license server for the license checkout. Please see the article below for this process.
How do I migrate my MATLAB clients to a new license server when the license server changes?