I installed the matlab in OS windows 7. it is installed it did not show any error. when I try to run matlab it shows many java processes and it terminates the application.
If I try to uninstall the matlab it shows error and is not unistalling.
No products are associated with this question.
MATLAB 7.0 (R14) is not supported on Windows 7, and should not be expected to work.
So first of all Walter is right, it is not supported. This however does not necessary mean it will not work. This wording just means in is not tested by MathWorks.
I personally discourage you to try using unsupported configurations. Lets assume you follow the users who say "Yeah, I got it running". Can you be sure that their usage is similar to yours? Can't it be that basic number crunching is working, but e.g. not exporting to MS Excel or generating MEX files or the 3rd party product you are using? There is a legion of examples what can go wrong. Don't waste you time!
I have been using MATLAB 7.0 with windows7 and it worked. I faced the installation issue when I tried to install version 7.3 of MATLAB in windows7. It was solved by changing the theme to classic.
To do so right click on desktop, select personalize option, under 'basic and high contrast themes' select windows classic. May be it will solve the problem.
I totally disagree with Walter. I have Matlab 7 on my Windows 7. You just need to change the old folder jre1.4.2 with your current jre6. If you are still looking for the solution just let me know then I'll tell you where to find jre folder and what exactly to do.
I struggeled with crashs in Matlab using a not supported Java version: Resizing a uitree kills the Matlab process. Typing curly braces in the command window or the editor is impossible. Timers crash with a coredump, if they are killed inside their own callback. Therefore I suggest not to run Matlab in a not supported environment.
I run Matlab 6.5 successfully under WindowsXP in the virtual PC shipped with Windows 7 Professional. It is supported and stable. The only problem is the "exhausted change notifications" problem when the user defined files are stored on a drive of the real machine. Therefore I copy the folders to the virtual machine automatically and everything works fine!