License administrators can obtain the Activation Key and File Installation Keys using Advanced Options in the License Center. To retrieve your Activation Key and File Installation Key, follow the steps below:
- Sign in to the License Center: https://www.mathworks.com/licensecenter.
- Select the license you want to use.
- Go to the Install and Activate tab.
- Click “Activate to retrieve license file.”
- Click Advanced Options.
- The Activation Key and the File Installation Key will appear on this screen. You can generate a File Installation Key for a different release using the drop down.
To retrieve a File Installation Key for a license that is already activated:
- Log into the License Center here: https://www.mathworks.com/licensecenter
- Click on the desired license.
- Select the "Install and Activate" tab.
- Click the blue arrow under "Get License File."
- If you do not see the activated machine and blue arrow, press "Update License File" to open the correct menu.
- Select a release.
- Specify that the software is not yet installed.
- The File Installation Key will appear on this screen.
End users who are not allowed to perform keyless activations must contact their license administrators to obtain a File Installation Key. End users must also contact license administrators to obtain the Activation Key regardless of their permissions. In the MathWorks License Center, click the "Contact Administrators" tab to get contact information for your license administrators.