Before you can activate MATLAB on a computer that is not connected to the internet, you must obtain your Host ID and possibly your login name, depending on your license type.
To obtain your Host ID, follow the instructions in this article:
What is a Host ID? How do I find my Host ID in order to activate my license?
Login Name is required for Individual or Student licenses. To obtain your Login Name, follow the instructions in this article:
How do I find my computer username in order to activate my license?
After obtaining your Host ID and/or Login Name:
- Go to the License Center: https://www.mathworks.com/mwaccount
- Click the license number you wish to activate under "My Software." If you do not see your license number, click "View additional Licenses or Trials" in the bottom right hand corner.
- Click the "Install and Activate" tab
- Click "Activate to Retrieve License File"
- Click "Activate a Computer"
- Enter the release you are activating, as well as the operating system, the host ID, the Computer Login Name, and the Activation Label
- Choose whether you want to download the license file or have it emailed to you.
- If you need to install MATLAB in addition to activating it, save your File Installation Key. The File Installation Key is not required to activate an instance of MATLAB that is already installed.
Once you have generated a license file, you need to launch the activation client to complete the activation process. See the following article for instructions on launching the activation client:
How do I activate MATLAB?
However, instead of selecting "Activate automatically using the internet," select "Activate manually without the internet" and provide the path to the license file you downloaded earlier. This completes the activation process.