MATLAB Answers

How to generate multiple entities randomly and control the probability of event occurring?

2 views (last 30 days)
Sebastian Stankiewicz
Sebastian Stankiewicz on 24 Jul 2017
I am trying to create a model in which 4 different entities are generated randomly. Once the entity is generated, then I want to be able to control the probability that the generated event occurs. Is something like this possible, how can it be done?

Answers (1)

Will Nitsch
Will Nitsch on 27 Jul 2017
Could you possibly use random number generation ('rand')? Say something has a 25% probability of event 'X' happening, 35% for 'Y' and 40% for 'Z'. You could say:
val = rand;
if(val<=.25) % 25% chance
% event X
else if(val>.25 & val <=.6) % .6-.25 = .35 for the 35%
% event Y
else if(val>.6) % 40% chance
% event Z
end
end
end
  1 Comment
Sebastian Stankiewicz
Sebastian Stankiewicz on 28 Jul 2017
Would I enter this into the entity block for the Matlab function? Would it be in entity generation or event actions? Also, how do you generate a graph for when utilization of resources using blocks from version 5.2. Thanks!

Sign in to comment.

Community Treasure Hunt

Find the treasures in MATLAB Central and discover how the community can help you!

Start Hunting!