i will start with my problem. i am working with a friend on a project. he gets dump files from a sensor and he extracts relevant data from the file to a pickle file.
i am working on an app with the matlab app designer that will get the data and do something with it.
our problem is in the interface between us. i admit i don't know what a dump file is and i didn't find how to work with matlab on those files, and when i looked for working with pickle files on matlab, all the answers talked about importing python libraries which is something i am trying to avoid.
so at this point he creates a pickle file which has a 3D matrix, and some other data... and we want to transfer that 3D matrix to my matlab app.
what i found so far is:
- as i mentioned, importing python libraries to matlab
- reshape the 3D matrix to 2D in python, then save it to a txt or excel file and then i read it with matlab and shape it back to 3D
So what i will please like to know is:
- is there a good and simple way to read pickle files in matlab?
- do you know any other file format that we could use to save that 3D matrix?
- if you know any other way to accomplish our goal it will be great!
thank you very much in advance