Efficiency about Embedded Funtion in Simulink

3 views (last 30 days)
Lofi on 19 May 2011
I have tried to write some Matlab Code in Simulink using "Embedded Function" Block. However I found that the efficiency is quite low, comparing to the Embedded function having same code in Demos which represented in Low fps in display.
I replaced the Embedded function in Demo with mine, same source code, and this problem appears more obvious. So could someone explain this to me? What can I do to improve this other than using S-Function which makes source code unreadable. Thanks~
Lofi on 29 May 2011
I don't know whether this did not happened to yours. I tried replacing on the original demo, and I found efficiency decreasing happens most obvious when replacing the function works with overall matrix, such as 'Find valid Pixels' and 'ufindMaximay'. The Embedded Function block I use is 'Embedded MATLAB Function'.
I do curious about why this happens. But since this did not happens to your case, if there is no further help you could offer, thank you all the way. Thanks for your patience~

Sign in to comment.

Answers (1)

MarkB on 23 May 2011
The best way to do this is probably to use Accelerator Mode, or Rapid Accelerator mode. There is some overhead that occurs during model update for these modes, but if the simulation is going to be repeated often enough, it can be worth it.

Community Treasure Hunt

Find the treasures in MATLAB Central and discover how the community can help you!

Start Hunting!