Mars Rover Model in Simscape
version 126.96.36.199 (16.1 MB) by Steve Miller
Six-wheeled electrically-driven rover that navigates uneven terrain to retrieve a sample.
Updated 5 Apr 2022
This example models a mars rover that navigates a path on uneven terrain to retrieve a sample.
- Contact forces are modeled between the six driven wheels and the terrain.
- Path following and speed control algorithms adjust the wheel steer angles and speeds to guide the rover to the sample.
- Inverse kinematic analysis is used to plan the rover arm joint angle trajectories that will enable the arm to acquire and store the sample.
- Electric motors can be used to estimate rover power consumption.
Use the "Download from GitHub" button above to access files compatible with the current release of MATLAB.
Use the links below to access files compatible with earlier releases of MATLAB.
- For R2022a: Use Download button above
- For R2021b: https://github.com/mathworks/Mars-Rover-Terrain-Simscape/archive/188.8.131.52.zip
Open the project file Mars_Rover_Terrain.prj to get started.