Externally Stopping an Ongoing Iterating Scripting
Updated 8 Feb 2022
- Internal function stops includes: 'break', 'pause', etc. doesn't help with our goal, that the decision of stopping the execution is subjective.
- 'isOpen' condition is only applicable to a pcplayer, or vision.DeployableVideoPlayer object, not a general process.
- 'input' and 'keyboard' prompt for an input in every iteration so they are inefficient.
- 'waitforbottonpress' prompts for an input in every iteration. Although this problem can be circumvented by verifying the existence of the return variable, 'waitforbottonpress' pops out a figure window no matter if you want it or not. Also, the excited input is clicking and any keyboard press so it is too sensitive.
- 'uicontrol' and other ui related function are not applicable if we don't need a ui.
- Walter Roberson recommended PsychToolbox. Though this is a powerful toolbox, we just need one function from the entire toolbox.
Xingze Dai (2023). Externally Stopping an Ongoing Iterating Scripting (https://github.com/Xngzdai/External_Stop_of_Iterating_Scripts/releases/tag/v1.0.5), GitHub. Retrieved .
MATLAB Release Compatibility
Platform CompatibilityWindows macOS Linux
Community Treasure Hunt
Find the treasures in MATLAB Central and discover how the community can help you!Start Hunting!
Discover Live Editor
Create scripts with code, output, and formatted text in a single executable document.
See release notes for this release on GitHub: https://github.com/Xngzdai/External_Stop_of_Iterating_Scripts/releases/tag/v1.0.5
See release notes for this release on GitHub: https://github.com/Xngzdai/External_Stop_of_Iterating_Scripts/releases/tag/v1.0.4
See release notes for this release on GitHub: https://github.com/Xngzdai/External_Stop_of_Iterating_Scripts/releases/tag/v1.0.3
Update text file for stop condition
Include text file sample