Signal Processor for Graphs (Pictures)
Updated 12 Nov 2007
This GUI Signal Processing tool will help us to process signal from any picture file.
This tool will help us to perform signal processing operations at very friendly GUI menu. The menu is self explanatory.
How to start
1. Extract Zip file to desired location
2. Open MATLAB
3. Open the Tool and press RUN
4. Say yes to change path of MATLAB
Following are the tools you can use in this GUI.
1. Add data from image files (‘.bmp’, ’.jpg’ etc which gives format of “time-axis x A-axis x 3”
2. Perform signal processing operations (listed below)
3. Can save plot back to image file.
4. Option is available to save the present work space for editing in MATLAB separately or to import again when u r required (This is helpful if you want to do long analysis and you have short time).
Following are Signal Processing Operations available.
1. Addition, Subtraction, Multiplication and Division
2. Modulus (full wave rectifier)
3. Half wave rectifier (both positive and negative)
4. Shift in time (Right and left)
5. Shift in amplitude (Up and down)
6. Negative scale of time axis
7. Negative of amplitude
8. Square of magnitude
9. Square root of magnitude
10. Inverse of magnitude
11. Time Scaling
12. Amplitude Scaling
14. Integration (initial conditions are considered as starting value of signal)
16. Cross correlation
18. DFT and IDFT
DO I need to read further???
No. Reading further is not required if you understand the concept already. Below is simple introduction to Programme.
1. Input list box where we can do file exchange and data exchange to create data for input (however three sample signals are always available).
2. Proper ranges and scales of X-axis and Y-axis is required for importing image.
3. There is option available for plotting in different variety of scales (i.e. “X and Y Linear”, “X Logarithmic Y Linear”, “X Linear Y Logarithmic” and “X and Y Logarithmic”)
4. Rename will change the name of the variable selected in Input list box.
5. “==>” will allow to carry input list box variables to active variables inputs (i.e. “A” and “B”)
6. “To Input Area” will transfer selected variable in output list box to input list box (“C” is output variable).
I am a programmer and I want to add more buttons for my own processing. How to start for that???
Code is written such a way that it is simply modified and understood. In case if you find difficulty at any part contact me at ”firstname.lastname@example.org”.
I found a Bug in output. What Shall I do???
1. Check input given for the process. Most bugs are caused due to incorrect input (Example you may try giving “0” as input to minimum value for X-axis while you are importing picture with “inverse logarithmic” scale for X-axis). I have tried to automatically reject the input at many places, but the chance still exists for incorrect input.
2. If the problem continues Restart MATLAB .
3. If it is not solved after restarting MATLAB, inform me with that. I will be thankful to you if you do corrections in code and give back to me.
Suresh Kumar Gadi (2023). Signal Processor for Graphs (Pictures) (https://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/fileexchange/17478-signal-processor-for-graphs-pictures), MATLAB Central File Exchange. Retrieved .
MATLAB Release Compatibility
Platform CompatibilityWindows macOS Linux
Inspired: Signal Processor for Graphs (Pictures) update 1, Signal Processor for Graphs (Pictures) update 2 - Final
Community Treasure Hunt
Find the treasures in MATLAB Central and discover how the community can help you!Start Hunting!
Discover Live Editor
Create scripts with code, output, and formatted text in a single executable document.