Simulink Support for Kinect
Updated 1 Sep 2016
Simulink Support for Kinect consists of IMAQ, Image, IR, Depth, Motion and Skeleton blocks to achieve real-time image data acquisition from Kinect devices such as Microsoft Kinect or ASUS Xtion PRO under Simulink simulation environment.
It works with 32bit/64bit version of MATLAB R2010b or later in Windows7 32bit/64bit and it requires the following 3rd party software:
[C MEX Compiler]
- Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 Express Edition (VC++)
- Microsoft Windows SDK 7.1
[To use OpenNI]
- PrimeSense NITE
- PrimeSensor Module
[To use Microsoft Kinect SDK https://developer.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/kinect ]
- Microsoft Kinect for Windows SDK v1.6
For more detailed information, please refer to document in the zip file and help of the blocks.
[Optional MATLAB products]
- Computer Vision System Toolbox (highly recommended)
- DSP System Toolbox (to acquire Kinect Microphone Array data)
- Simulink Coder (to generate *.exe file)
Takashi Chikamasa (2023). Simulink Support for Kinect (https://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/fileexchange/32318-simulink-support-for-kinect), MATLAB Central File Exchange. Retrieved .
MATLAB Release Compatibility
Platform CompatibilityWindows macOS Linux
- Test and Measurement > Instrument Control Toolbox > Instrument Control Toolbox Supported Hardware >
- Test and Measurement > Image Acquisition Toolbox > Image Acquisition Toolbox Supported Hardware > Kinect For Windows Sensor >
- Test and Measurement > Image Acquisition Toolbox > Image Data Acquisition > Acquisition Using Kinect for Windows Hardware >
Inspired by: Kinect Matlab, Kinect Microsoft SDK
Inspired: Gesture Controlled Robotic Arm Using Kinect (Simulink Support For Kinect) and Arduino, Simulink for PCV (Point Cloud Viewer)
Community Treasure Hunt
Find the treasures in MATLAB Central and discover how the community can help you!Start Hunting!
Discover Live Editor
Create scripts with code, output, and formatted text in a single executable document.
What's new in 0.6.1
What's new in 0.6.0
What's new in 0.5.2
What's new in 0.5.1
What's new in 0.4.2
What's new in 0.4.1
What's new in 0.4.0 (02/07/2012)
-Support 64bit MATLAB
Support QVGA(320x240): 60FPS for NID IMAQ in addtion to VGA(640x480): 30FPS.
Updated to ver. 0.3.0.