This is an example script on how to get data (loacations with altitude, colored image) from GoogleEarth into
a matlab surface.
Use this function as a script so comment the first line!
The code was tested with Matlab 2010a an GoogleEarth 6 (actual version) so download it or try your actual
Further help for GoogleEarthAPI you find under:
You need additional MCFE-files before script will run without errors:
ATTENTION: There is a heavy workaround to get an colored image from GE in line 70 (jmouseemu). Here it is
necessery to set the mousepointer in the actual GE-picture, so the x and y pixels must be in it! The
problem is, that it will not work in debug mode.
Depending of internetconnection speed you must play a little with the pause-times to get all needed data.
Programmed by Sven Koerner: koerner(underline)sven(add)gmx.de
Sven Koerner (2023). Heightprofile from GoogleEarth to 3D-Surface (https://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/fileexchange/32357-heightprofile-from-googleearth-to-3d-surface), MATLAB Central File Exchange. Retrieved .
MATLAB Release Compatibility
Platform CompatibilityWindows macOS Linux
- MATLAB > External Language Interfaces > Other languages > Google > Google Earth >
- MATLAB > Graphics > 2-D and 3-D Plots > Surfaces, Volumes, and Polygons > Surface and Mesh Plots >
- Sciences > Earth, Ocean, and Atmospheric Sciences > Earth and Planetary Science >
- Mathematics and Optimization > Mapping Toolbox > Data Import and Export > Web Map Service >
- Radar > Mapping Toolbox > Data Import and Export > Web Map Service >
Community Treasure Hunt
Find the treasures in MATLAB Central and discover how the community can help you!Start Hunting!