The general idea:
1) Think of every pixel in the maze as node on a connected graph
2) Define the walls as having high weights. This ensures that walls will act as separators
3) Use a 4-connected neighborhood to link adjacent pixels/nodes
4) Convert the maze image into a sparse Distance matrix(similar to an adjacency matrix with weights instead of ones).
5) Use graphshortestpath() from the bioinformatics toolbox to find the shortest path
Y Simson (2022). A solution to the Maze problem with Dijkstra (https://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/fileexchange/46072-a-solution-to-the-maze-problem-with-dijkstra), MATLAB Central File Exchange. Retrieved .
MATLAB Release Compatibility
Platform CompatibilityWindows macOS Linux
Community Treasure Hunt
Find the treasures in MATLAB Central and discover how the community can help you!Start Hunting!