Note: This support package is functional for R2017a to R2020a. Starting in R2020b, ROS custom message generation is directly supported from ROS Toolbox without this support package.
Using the ROS Custom Messages Interface, you can extend the set of ROS messages supported by Robotics System Toolbox. You can define your own custom ROS message and service types, and use them in MATLAB and Simulink to communicate with other nodes in the ROS network.
This Interface allows you to:
- Generate MATLAB interfaces for custom messages and services from ROS msg and srv descriptions
- Send and receive custom messages just like any other ROS message
- Interface with any ROS-enabled robot or simulator that uses custom messages
- Share generated custom message interfaces with other MATLAB users
To install the ROS Custom Messages Interface:
* You must have a version of MATLAB R2015a with ROS Toolbox already installed
* Download the submission (roscustommsg.mlpkginstall)
* Double-click on roscustommsg.mlpkginstall from either inside MATLAB or from your OS
* When the install process is finished, you can type "help rosgenmsg" on the MATLAB command-line to learn more about the custom message functionality. The documentation will open automatically after the install and can be accessed later through a shortcut.
For more information www.mathworks.com/ROS