# HRVTool v1.07
## Methods for analyzing Heart Rate Variability
The present functions are originally made for Matlab R2016b. Errors may occur using older releases (at least R2014b required). Additional toolboxes are not required to run the basic analysis.
The Image Processing Toolbox is recommended and required to use the 'picker'-functionality.
Importing ECGs out of PDFs requires Matlab start as administrator and the installation of Inkscape (or for Linux: PDFminer and pdf2svg).
**HRV.m** is a Matlab class containing function for analyzing HRV.
**HRVTool.m** contains the code to start the GUI (Graphical User Interface) on Matlab.
**HRVTool.mlappinstall** is the app package which can be installed with Matlab.
Please run HRVTool.m to start the GUI or click on the icon in the App menu of Matlab.
The user interface has been tested on Windows 10, Linux Ubuntu 18.04 and Mac OS 10.15.6.
### Supported file types
- [x] HRM - Polar files
- [x] MAT - Matlab files, structures or workspace variables containing waveforms or RR intervals (in ms)
- [x] TXT - text files containing waveforms or RR intervals (in ms)
- [x] ECG - PhysioNet files (PhysioNet wfdb toolbox required)
- [x] WAV - Hexoskin files
- [x] EDF - European Data Format
- [x] ACQ - BIOPAC data (Source code of Jimmy Shen)
- [x] ISHNE - Holter Standard Format (ECG and annotation data)
- [x] MIBF - Machine Independent Beat file (GE Marquette holter format)
- [x] PDF - ECG-PDFs from Apple Watch and AliveCor devices (Kardia and aliveecg)
Other formats are possible to integrate. Please address your wishes to email@example.com
Supporting files to load BIOPAC ACQ data (load_acq.m, acq2mat.m) are licensed by Jimmy Shen given the copyright notice LICENSE_ACQ.
Copyright (c) 2009, Jimmy Shen
All other supported files and functions are licensed under the terms of the MIT License (MIT) given in LICENSE and LICENSE_ICONS
Copyright (c) 2015-2020 Marcus Vollmer
27 October 2020
Vollmer, Marcus. “HRVTool - an Open-Source Matlab Toolbox for Analyzing Heart Rate Variability.” 2019 Computing in Cardiology Conference (CinC), Computing in Cardiology, 2019, doi:10.22489/cinc.2019.032.
Vollmer, Marcus. “A Robust, Simple and Reliable Measure of Heart Rate Variability Using Relative RR Intervals.” 2015 Computing in Cardiology Conference (CinC), IEEE, 2015, doi:10.1109/cic.2015.7410984.
Find the treasures in MATLAB Central and discover how the community can help you!Start Hunting!