MATLAB Minimart is a demo to help you get started with sharing MATLAB toolboxes.
* Storekeepers can generate stores so that MATLAB users can browse and install toolboxes.
* Users can automatically update their installed toolboxes to the latest versions in a store.
This demo was presented at MATLAB EXPO UK on 5 October 2016 by David Sampson from MathWorks Consulting. The code was written by David Sampson and Sylvain Lacaze.
Hi David. I have another small issue with the thumbnails on the main page - they get stretched vertically if they are too short for the box. Note that they do not get stretched width-ways if they are too narrow. Is it an easy fix to have them fit width or height without stretching? Many thanks. Oli
Oli, thank you for the feedback. That's a reasonable request, which I will consider for a future release.
I've just starting looking into this for my company as a way to release and keep toolboxes up to date. It should be a very useful tool but I have one recommendation and that's to allow a single toolbox to be checked for updates.
I modified the updateToolboxes inputs to have an optional toolbox string that specifies a toolbox and then line 47 includes an if statement "if strcmp(local.Name, toolbox) || isempty(toolbox)".
This way I can call the function from each toolbox and it will check that that (and only that) toolbox us up to date before using it. Would you consider including that in your official release?
I also replaced the inputs (y/n) to questdlg to make it a little more user friendly... personal preference perhaps..!
New post on MATLAB Minimart on Ned Gulley's Community blog:
David, thank you for (1) reading the documentation, and (2) identifying a number of minor issues. These will be fixed in the next version.
A few minor issues with the doc. I'm running 16b on a mac.
1) Appear to have broken image links.
2) Function hyperlink is appearing at the top of the main doc home page. It appears out of place as you have the same link further down.
3) Function reference page for minimart.updateToolboxes is incorrectly referencing minimart.showStore under the syntax and description sections.
4) Quick links in left hand tree browser to scroll to a certain part of a page appear to scroll one line too far and miss off the header line.
Eric, thank you for the feedback and for the first rating for this submission.
A fix for toolboxes without screenshots is provided in version 1.2.1, just uploaded.
I successfully got this up-and-running with a couple toolboxes in just a few minutes.
One caveat: Toolboxes without screenshots fail in the getScreenShot() function within toolboxMetadata.m. I had to add a screenshot image to one of my toolboxes to add it to the store.
I have published a collection of toolboxes for use in developing and demonstrating toolbox management tools like MATLAB Minimart.
Fixed bugs in documentation
Fixed bug in minimart.toolboxMetadata for toolboxes with no screenshot
Initial public release