Four-Cylinder Engine Ignition Control Simulation
Updated 29 May 2020
This example simulates the ignition control of a four-cylinder engine. It has been developed as a collaboration between Guy Rouleau from MathWorks and Isaac Hisahiro Ito at Toyota Motor North America R&D. The model is intended for demonstration and educational purpose.
The model implements the following feature:
- Simscape language for modeling a four-cylinder engine ignition process
- Symbolic Math Toolbox for designing the engine model equations
- Simscape Driveline for modeling of the vehicle drivetrain
- Export-function model for the controller, allowing the code generated from it to be integrated with an external environment and scheduler
- Stateflow for simulating the Engine Control Unit scheduler
- SimEvents for simulation of hardware timers
See this blog post for more details: https://blogs.mathworks.com/simulink/2018/11/07/internal-combustion-engine-ignition-control-example-part-1
Guy Rouleau (2021). Four-Cylinder Engine Ignition Control Simulation (https://github.com/guirlo/Simulink-Ignition-Scheduler/releases/tag/1.2), GitHub. Retrieved .
MATLAB Release Compatibility
Platform CompatibilityWindows macOS Linux
Community Treasure Hunt
Find the treasures in MATLAB Central and discover how the community can help you!Start Hunting!