This example simulates the ignition control of a four-cylinder engine. It has been developed as a collaboration between Guy Rouleau from MathWorks and Isaac Hisahiro Ito at Toyota Motor North America R&D. The model is intended for demonstration and educational purpose.
The model implements the following feature:
- Simscape language for modeling a four-cylinder engine ignition process
- Symbolic Math Toolbox for designing the engine model equations
- Simscape Driveline for modeling of the vehicle drivetrain
- Export-function model for the controller, allowing the code generated from it to be integrated with an external environment and scheduler
- Stateflow for simulating the Engine Control Unit scheduler
- SimEvents for simulation of hardware timers
See this blog post for more details: https://blogs.mathworks.com/simulink/2018/11/07/internal-combustion-engine-ignition-control-example-part-1
Guy Rouleau (2023). Four-Cylinder Engine Ignition Control Simulation (https://github.com/guirlo/Simulink-Ignition-Scheduler/releases/tag/1.2), GitHub. Retrieved .
MATLAB Release Compatibility
Platform CompatibilityWindows macOS Linux
Community Treasure Hunt
Find the treasures in MATLAB Central and discover how the community can help you!Start Hunting!
See release notes for this release on GitHub: https://github.com/guirlo/Simulink-Ignition-Scheduler/releases/tag/1.2
Updated to R2019a:
Fixed Typos in Notes
Updated description to mention Symbolic Math Toolbox