CFDTool™ is a MATLAB® Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD)
Toolbox for modeling and simulation of fluid flows with coupled heat
Based on the FEATool Multiphysics (https://www.featool.com)
simulation platform, CFDTool is specifically designed to make fluid
dynamics and heat transfer simulations both easy and enjoyable.
The CFDTool MATLAB Toolbox includes the following features:
- completely stand-alone and self-contained toolbox
- fully integrated and easy to use Graphical User Interface (GUI)
- modeling and simulation in 1D, 2D, 3D, and axisymmetric coordinate systems
- seamless OpenFOAM® and SU2 CFD solver integrations
- built-in geometry and CAD tools
- automatic mesh and grid generation
- pre-defined equations and boundary conditions:
+ incompressible viscous fluid flows (Navier-Stokes equations)
+ compressible inviscid flows (Euler equations)
+ heat transfer (Convection and Conduction)
- multiphysics support for fluid flow and thermal analysis
- simulation of laminar and turbulent flows (Spalart-Allmaras,
k-epsilon, and k-omega turbulence models available with OpenFOAM/SU2)
- stationary and time-dependent analysis types
- postprocessing and visualization
Precise Simulation (2021). CFDTool - MATLAB CFD Simulation GUI &Toolbox (https://github.com/precise-simulation/cfdtool/releases/tag/1.7), GitHub. Retrieved .
Is this toolbox free for academic use?
@Aditya Misra: Try the "FEATool Multiphysics" toolbox ( https://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/fileexchange/63144-featool-multiphysics-matlab-fea-physics-simulation-toolbox ) which allows for editing and custom equations while "CFDTool" is limited to pre-defined equations for CFD to make things easier.
I downloaded and installed it, but I don't have access to any of the equations when I click on "new model". Please help?
Find the treasures in MATLAB Central and discover how the community can help you!Start Hunting!