• Fully customizable data tips.
• No arguments to pass over. Retrieves all values out of the plot.
• Reaction on mouse click, mouse move or mouse move with button down.
• Works also with arrow keys.
• Activate right mouse button to show interpolated values.
• Displays the data point closest to the mouse pointer.
• Sticks on a curve by a certain distance to the mouse pointer.*)
• Replicates the color of the curve as box color of data tip.
• Works also in GUIs.
• 2D plot
• One x-axis, not reversed, linear or log.
• One or two y-axes, not reversed, linear or log.
• Axes limits not set to -inf or inf, in log scale limits set to > 0
• At least one data point inside the plot
• For interpolated values at least 2 data points inside the plot.
No interpolation for vertical lines.
• Get the mouse pointer location
• Retrieve all data out of the plot
• Translation of all data points to centimeters
• Translation of mouse pointer location to cm
• Set origin at mouse pointer location
• Find foots of perpendiculars from mouse position to all data lines
• Determine closest point (line with shortest distance foot to mouse)
• Display data tip
Copy the principal of the examples for regular figure or GUI.
Note: Data tip title is stored in the plot UserData.
hFig = figure;
plot(1:.1:2,2:.1:3,'UserData','My data tip title');
%Track by mouse click:
%Track by mouse move:
Peter Seibold (2020). Data tips for multiple curves by mouse click or mouse move , MATLAB Central File Exchange. Retrieved December, 2020.
Find the treasures in MATLAB Central and discover how the community can help you!Start Hunting!