ROITOOL enables to define different type of rois on images (intensity, RGB) by mouse. The supported types are 'polygon', 'circle' and 'rectangle'. ROIPOLY returns the handler of the line object relating
to the roi. The created roi can be dragged and moved to any position of the image with the help of DRAGGABE function (developed by Francois Bouffard, see the help of draggable).
ROITOOL generates a context menu to the roi making possible the selection of the following commands:(MATLAB displays the context menu whenever you right-click over the object)
- change the roi color
- change the size of the line width
- switch on/off the 'statistical bar', which displays the main stat. results of the roi (mean, std, min, max, roi area)
- switch on/off the 'histogram figure', which shows the intensity histogram of the pixels belonging to the roi
- switch on/off the 'detailed rectangle' figure, which plots the zoomed image segment defined by the rectangle roi
- resize the roi (in case of circle or rectangle roi)
- delete the roi
ROITOOL('circledemo'), ROITOOL('rectangledemo') or ROITOOL('polygondemo')
start the roi definition using the MATLAB 'MRI' data set.
Installing, running: unzip the downloaded file and include them to your matlab path
Laszlo Balkay (2023). roitool (https://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/fileexchange/9183-roitool), MATLAB Central File Exchange. Retrieved .
MATLAB Release Compatibility
Platform CompatibilityWindows macOS Linux
Inspired by: draggable
Community Treasure Hunt
Find the treasures in MATLAB Central and discover how the community can help you!Start Hunting!
ROI definition can be done on RGB image also. Some bugs has been fixed.