Updated 14 Sep 2021
Interactive Optimization Toolbox
Developed by Shahrokh Shahi
Georgia Institute of Technology
This tool includes an implementation of five gradient-based algorithms, including
- (1) Steepest Descend Algorithm (SDA),
- (2) Conjugate Gradient Algorithm (CGA),
- (3) Newton's Method,
- (4) Davidson-Fletcher-Powell (DFP) Method,
- (5) Broyden–Fletcher–Goldfarb–Shanno (BFGS) Method,
for multivariate function optimization. For two variable functions, a user-friendly interactive interface is available which portrays the optimization procedure step-by-step. This toolbox can also serve as an educational tool to understand mainstream optimization techniques.
- For more information about the details, see my blog post.
- An animation of the toolbox
Install the toolbox on MATLAB
- Run "OPTool.mltbx" in MATLAB and complete the installation
- Run OPTool in MATLAB command window
- Enjoy! (the app will be run with a pre-set values as an example)
Please note that the GUI is built and tested in Windows; there might be some visuall diferences in macOS (for instance, the test may appear smaller)
shahrokh shahi (2023). OPTool (https://github.com/shahrokhx/Interactive_Optimization_Toolbox/releases/tag/v4.1), GitHub. Retrieved .
MATLAB Release Compatibility
Platform CompatibilityWindows macOS Linux
Community Treasure Hunt
Find the treasures in MATLAB Central and discover how the community can help you!Start Hunting!
Discover Live Editor
Create scripts with code, output, and formatted text in a single executable document.