Wind River VxWorks
Industry’s leading real-time operating system for intelligent, connected systems
- Expandable and upgradable architecture with modular packages
- Scalable footprint, from large systems down to tiny devices
- Broad connectivity; bring new devices onto the network
- Security and safety: ARINC 653-compliant, MILS support, proven in DO-178C, EUROCAE ED-12, and IEC 61508
- Virtualization technology (real-time type 1 hypervisor)
- Lower risk and faster integration of third-party technology
Powering billions of intelligent devices, VxWorks® is the world's most widely deployed real-time operating system (RTOS). It delivers unrivaled deterministic performance and sets the standard for a scalable, future-proof, safe, and secure operating environment for connected devices in the Internet of Things (IoT).
- Guaranteed real-time performance and reliability: Capable of dealing with the most demanding time constraints, VxWorks is a high-performance RTOS tuned for both determinism and responsiveness.
- Better reliability with state-of-the-art memory protection: Memory management unit (MMU)-based memory protection increases reliability. VxWorks incorporates a process-based model that provides user-mode application execution in addition to its traditional kernel-mode execution.
- Multi-core benefits, maximized: VxWorks delivers comprehensive multi-core processor support, including asymmetric multiprocessing (AMP) and symmetric multiprocessing (SMP) OS configurations and hardware-optimized multi-core acceleration.
- Workbench Development Suite: An Eclipse-based development suite for creating and building projects; establishing and managing host-to-target communications; and configuring, debugging, and monitoring the VxWorks operating system as well as VxWorks applications running on a simulator or real hardware. Through its powerful combination of capabilities, integration, and availability, Workbench enables standardization on a common environment for device software development, helping improve your team’s effectiveness. VxWorks simulation and system configuration tools are also included in Workbench.
VxWorks can be used to execute the C/C++ code generated from Embedded Coder® using traditional software integration techniques. In addition, MathWorks provides automated integration of VxWorks with Embedded Coder generated code for the Xilinx Zynq platform. The Zynq platform integration is delivered through the Embedded Coder® Support Package for Xilinx® Zynq®-7000 Platformand integration details are described in Getting Started with VxWorks 7 on Xilinx Zynq Platform.
500 Wind River Way
Alameda, CA 94501
- On-site assistance
- System integration
- Embedded Software - Tools, IDE, RTOS
- Control Systems
- Embedded Systems
- Mechatronics and Robotics
- Process Control and Monitoring
- Real-Time Systems
- Aerospace and Defense
- Computer Electronics
- Industrial Automation and Machinery
- Software and Internet