Model, Simulate, and Test 5G NR PHY in MATLAB
This webinar shows the application of 5G Toolbox™ for 3GPP5G New Radio (NR) physical layer modeling. Standards-compliant models in MATLAB® are implemented to explore the behavior of 5G physical layer systems or components. MATLAB version R2021a is used.
- Uplink and downlink 5G NR waveform generation including pre-defined (test models, FRCs) and full custom waveforms
- Modeling of 5G uplink and downlink physical channels and signals such as PDSCH/PUSCH, PDCCH/PUCCH, synchronization burst, DMRS (demodulation reference signals), CSI-RS, SRS, and PT-RS
- Channel models including those specified in TR 38.901: tapped delay line (TDL) and clustered delay line (CDL)
- Link-level simulation to measure the throughput of a downlink (PDSCH) or an uplink (PUSCH) 5G link over 2-D or 3-D channel model
- Synchronization procedures including cell search, MIB, and SIB1 decoding
- Beamforming, beam management, and precoding matrix indicator (PMI) determination
- Measurements: ACLR, EVM, CQI
About the Presenter
Marc Barberis is an application engineer with MathWorks, based in Silicon Valley, where he focuses on wireless standards such as 5G NR, LTE and WLAN. Prior to joining MathWorks, Marc worked on the modeling of telecommunications systems and the design of receivers for 2G/3G cellular phones and satellites systems among others. He attended numerous 3GPPstandardization meetings for GSM/EDGE and W-CDMA. He holds a M.S. in Signal Processing from Ecole Nationale Superieure des Telecommunications de Paris, France.
Recorded: 17 Nov 2021
You can also select a web site from the following list:
How to Get Best Site Performance
Select the China site (in Chinese or English) for best site performance. Other MathWorks country sites are not optimized for visits from your location.