Using the MATLAB®, Simulink®, and MathWorks® Brands
- Use “MATLAB®” to refer to the product MATLAB and to the MATLAB family of products.
- Use “Simulink®” to refer to the product Simulink and to the Simulink family of products.
- Use “MATLAB® and Simulink®” to refer to the entire product portfolio.
- Use “MathWorks®” to refer to the company.
Referring to MathWorks
- The M and the W in the name are uppercase.
- There is no space in MathWorks.
- Keep the company name on one line (no hyphen).
- Do not abbreviate the company name (no MW or TMW).
- Do not use the possessive form (no MathWorks’ ).
- Write “MathWorks,” not “The MathWorks” or “The MathWorks, Inc.”
Referring to the Products
DO use official product names; do not change capitalization or vary product names in any way.
DON'T abbreviate any product name.
DON'T use the possessive form of a product name.
DON'T punctuate a trademarked term.
DON'T use the definite article with any product name.
Include the following trademark notice at the end of the document:
The MathWorks® logo consists of the company name, the corporate symbol (L-shaped membrane), and registered trademark symbol.
- Do not alter or deform the shape of the logo in any way. The logo must appear exactly as shown; the elements, proportions, and relationships must not change.
- Do not replace the logotype with a different typeface.
- Do not imitate any element of the logo, including the L-shaped membrane, logotype, and its trade dress.
- Do not use the logo or logotype as an element in titles, headlines, or text.
- Do not place competing visual elements (including but not limited to other trademarks) close to the logo; see example in Primary Logo section below.
- Do not set type near to the logo that could be construed as a corporate slogan or motto.
- Do not use the logo in any orientation other than horizontally.
- Do not use the logo in any manner that expresses or implies that MathWorks has any affiliation, endorsement, certification, or approval of your product, service, or company.
MathWorks reserves the sole right to alter or refuse any permission to any third party to use the MathWorks corporate logo if such use does not comply with these requirements.
The height of the "x" indicates the minimum space to be preserved around the logo.