Software Engineer - Distributed Computing
Do you have a strong background in system level programming? Are you interested in integrating Windows-based development with a cross-platform distributed computing engine? If yes, we would like to speak with you.
This is an excellent opportunity to make a big difference to Developers within MathWorks.
Using your knowledge of networking, version control concepts and distributed computing, design and implement a system that uses Windows services and Linux daemons to manage a large-scale, cross-platform software building toolchain.
Work with key stakeholders during the design and implementation of this project to ensure functional and user experience requirements are met.
- Program in a variety of languages (Interpreted languages, C/C++)
- Communicate with stakeholders during design and implementation
- A bachelor's degree and 5 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree) is required.
- Mastery of software development
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Experience with Python, Ruby or Perl (with Perl being a strong plus)
- Experience with C/C++ and Windows APIs is a plus
- Experience with Remote Procedure Calls (experience with REST is a plus)
- Experience automating version control systems is a plus
- Ability to debug, optimize code, and automate routine tasks is a plus
- Experience designing and implementing client/server architectures
- Strong network programming skills (understanding sockets, inspecting packets)
It’s the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It’s contributing to software products that make a difference in the world. And it’s being part of a company with an incredible commitment to doing the right thing – for each individual, our customers, and the local community.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs 4500 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, U.S.A. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
if you need reasonable accommodation because of a disability in order to apply for a position.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster
and its supplement
The pay transparency policy is available here
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here