ROS Node Generation and Deployment
ROS Toolbox enables you to generate C++ and CUDA® code for ROS nodes, and deploy them to local or remote device targets. For MATLAB® code that contains ROS interfaces, you can generate C++ code and deploy them as ROS nodes using MATLAB Coder™ (See Generate a Standalone ROS Node from MATLAB). For Simulink® models, you can generate C++ code using Simulink Coder (See Generate a Standalone ROS Node from Simulink) or optimized CUDA code using GPU Coder™, and deploy them as ROS nodes.
Deploy ROS Nodes from MATLAB
- MATLAB Programming for Code Generation
This example shows the recommended workflow for generating a standalone executable from MATLAB® code that contains ROS interfaces.
- Generate a Standalone ROS Node from MATLAB
This example shows how to generate C++ code for a standalone ROS node from a MATLAB function.
- Configure MATLAB Coder for ROS Node Generation
Configure MATLAB Coder configuration object for customizing ROS Node generation.
- Generate CUDA ROS and CUDA ROS 2 Nodes Using MATLAB Coder and GPU Coder
Configure MATLAB® Coder™ software to generate and build CUDA® ROS and CUDA® ROS 2 nodes from a MATLAB function.
Deploy ROS Nodes from Simulink
- Generate a Standalone ROS Node from Simulink
This example shows you how to generate and build a standalone ROS node from a Simulink® model.
- Enable External Mode for ROS Toolbox Models
External mode enables Simulink on your host computer to communicate with a deployed model on your robotics hardware during runtime.
- Generate Code to Manually Deploy a ROS Node from Simulink
This example shows you how to generate C++ code from a Simulink model to deploy as a standalone ROS node.
Deploy CUDA-Optimized ROS Nodes from Simulink
- Generate CUDA ROS Node from Simulink
Configure Simulink® Coder™ to generate and build a CUDA® ROS node from a Simulink model.
- Lane and Vehicle Detection in ROS Using YOLO v2 Deep Learning Algorithm
This example shows how to use deep convolutional neural networks inside a ROS enabled Simulink® model to perform lane and vehicle detection.
- Sign Following Robot Using YOLOv2 Detection Algorithm with ROS in Simulink
This example shows how to use Simulink® to control a simulated robot running on a separate ROS-based simulator.
- Automated Parking Valet with ROS in Simulink
Distribute an automated parking valet application among various nodes in a ROS network in Simulink®.
- Automated Parking Valet with ROS 2 in Simulink
This example shows how to distribute the Automated Parking Valet application among various nodes in a ROS 2 network in Simulink® and deploy them as standalone ROS 2 nodes.
- Generate ROS Node for UAV Waypoint Follower
This example shows how to use MATLAB® code generation to create a ROS node to move an unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV) along a predefined circular path and a set of specified custom waypoints.
- Generate a ROS Control Plugin from Simulink®
This example shows how to generate and build a ros_control plugin from a Simulink model.