- Toolboxes must match the release of MATLAB they are installed into, e.g. you cannot install a toolbox for MATLAB R2014b into MATLAB R2015a.
- If installing the toolboxes offline, the installation files must match the update version of MATLAB, e.g. R2020a Update 2 Installation Files can not be used to install a toolbox to R2020a Update 3 MATLAB.
- MATLAB must be closed in order to run the installer.
- The MathWorks installer will install new toolboxes in the default MATLAB installation folder. If you installed MATLAB somewhere other than the default folder, you will need to select the folder where MATLAB is installed when prompted for the MATLAB installation location.
- During installation, you may be prompted to overwrite any existing products. If prompted, opt to skip installation of any existing products.
- For R2019b and older, the activation process will begin after installation. You need to activate your products in order to use them.
- If the computer is not connected to the internet and you are using a File Installation Key to install the toolboxes, you will need to obtain an updated File Installation Key, License File, and the installation files. See the following article for more information: How can I install MATLAB or other MathWorks products on an offline machine?
How do I install additional toolboxes into an existing installation of MATLAB?
More Answers (16)