To install MATLAB or other MathWorks products on an offline machine, complete the following tasks:
- Download a complete set of installation files and copy them to the offline computer. Do not skip this step.
- Activate MATLAB in the License Center to obtain the license file and file installation key (FIK).
- Install MATLAB.
Download Installation Files
In order to install MATLAB or other MathWorks products on an offline machine, you must first download a complete set of installation files. Do not skip this step. The 90 MB installer downloaded from the MathWorks website is NOT a complete set of installation files. If you attempt to install MATLAB on an offline machine without first downloading a complete set of installation files, you will encounter an error and be unable to proceed with the installation. Instructions for downloading offline installation files can be found here:
You must also activate your MATLAB or product license to the offline machine before running the installer. To activate for an offline machine, see the following article:
After you have the offline installer, the File Installation Key, and the license file, you are ready to install MATLAB.
- Launch the MATLAB Installer.
- Choose the 'offline' or 'Use a File Installation Key' installation method. Starting in R2020a, this is found under "Advanced Options" in the top right of the installer.
- Enter your File Installation Key (FIK), when asked, and proceed through the installation.
- Once your installation completes, the activation client will automatically launch.
- In the activation client, select “Activate manually without the Internet”
- Select the first option, “Enter the full path to your license file…”
- Click browser, and navigate to your license file. MATLAB will save a copy of the license file in a safe place.
- If you receive an 'Activation Complete' message, MATLAB is installed and activated.
Note: Offline installation is not available on Home or Student licenses.