To install MATLAB or other MathWorks products on an offline machine, complete the following tasks:
- Download a complete set of installation files and copy them to the offline computer. Do not skip this step.
- Activate MATLAB in the License Center to obtain the license file and file installation key (FIK).
- Install MATLAB.
Download Installation Files
In order to install MATLAB or other MathWorks products on an offline machine, you must first download a complete set of installation files. Do not skip this step. The 90 MB installer downloaded from the MathWorks website is NOT a complete set of installation files. If you attempt to install MATLAB on an offline machine without first downloading a complete set of installation files, you will encounter an error and be unable to proceed with the installation. Instructions for downloading offline installation files can be found here:
You must also activate your MATLAB or product license to the offline machine before running the installer. To activate for an offline machine, see the following article:
After you have the offline installer, the File Installation Key, and the license file, you are ready to install MATLAB.
- Launch the MATLAB Installer.
- Choose the 'offline' or 'Use a File Installation Key' installation method.
- Enter your File Installation Key (FIK), when asked, and proceed through the installation.
- Once your installation completes, the activation client will automatically launch.
- In the activation client, select “Activate manually without the Internet”
- Select the first option, “Enter the full path to your license file…”
- Click browser, and navigate to your license file. MATLAB will save a copy of the license file in a safe place.
- If you receive an 'Activation Complete' message, MATLAB is installed and activated.
If you encounter any issues with this process, please contact MathWorks Support here, including the details of any issues or errors you are seeing: