Difference between Simulink Coder, Embedded Coder and Matlab Coder
326 views (last 30 days)
Show older comments
Praveen Kumar Morisetti on 21 Jul 2011
Please carify me the difference between the Simulink Coder, Embedded Coder and the Matlab Coder.
Also please share any documents on the above products.
Thank you Praveen
Arnaud Miege on 21 Jul 2011
MATLAB Coder is used to generate ANSI C/C++ code from MATLAB and is a pre-requisite for Simulink Coder and Embedded Coder. Simulink Coder does the same thing, but from Simulink. Embedded Coder allows to optimize/customize the code generated by MATLAB Coder and Simulink Coder for production use.
Have a look at this blog for more information.
vcmorini on 7 Jun 2017
Hi, here is an example between Simulink Coder and Embedded Coder:
If someone would like to explain, please, be my welcome guest. I've notives that Embedded Coder generates less code .c and .h than Simulink Coder. But, what is really the difference?
Friedrich on 21 Jul 2011
I think the product discription on the hompage explains it very good:
Danijel Domazet on 21 Apr 2020
Thanks @Friedrich, the links are great, they tell it all:
- "MATLAB Coder™ generates C and C++ code from MATLAB® code for a variety of hardware platforms..."
- "Simulink Coder™ (formerly Real-Time Workshop®) generates and executes C and C++ code from Simulink® models..."
- "Embedded Coder extends MATLAB Coder™ and Simulink Coder™ with advanced optimizations for precise control of the generated functions, files, and data..."
tony on 22 Apr 2018
hi If I want to share a block simulink or embedded function That I have created. Can I send it like a black box to someone in order to keep it secret from other users. (I do not want to use S-function or mask) thanks
Darshan Ramakant Bhat on 24 May 2018
Hope this will help you:
Bill Chou on 13 Jun 2022
As others have mentioned:
- MATLAB Coder enables users to generate C/C++ code from MATLAB algorithms
- Simulink Coder does the same for Simulink models
- Finally, Embedded Coder is an add-on to either MATLAB Coder or Simulink and unlocks additional code optimization, verification, and targeting capabilities (such as PIL)
For those interested, you can find a list of additional capabilities that Embedded Coder adds to MATLAB Coder here:
Find more on ARM Cortex-M Processors in Help Center and File Exchange
Community Treasure Hunt
Find the treasures in MATLAB Central and discover how the community can help you!Start Hunting!