Merging pdf without ghostscript
28 views (last 30 days)
Show older comments
Eric Zhao on 17 Jul 2017
Commented: Gangadhar Venkata Ramana on 28 Mar 2021
Hi all, Is it possible to merge pdfs in matlab without using ghostscript? Thanks!
Bereketab Gulai on 27 Jan 2020
You say that you solved the issue using VBA code, could you share that VBA script, at least the basic structure.
Guillaume on 17 Jul 2017
Matlab has no built-in pdf handling capabilities and if it had it would likely use ghostscript behind the scene, so you've left with:
- finding an alternative to ghostscript. ghostscript is the only open source pdf handling library I know.
- write your own pdf handling code using the standard. Good luck with that, you'll be better off with ghostscript.
More Answers (2)
Benjamin Großmann on 22 Mar 2021
Four years later ... I contributed a tiny function to FEX to merge multiple pdfs without third party tools:
Bereketab Gulai on 28 Jan 2020
You can still use Ghostscript along with append_pdfs.
- Install GS on your machine or get copy of it is files
- Store gs files with your application
- Copy append_pdfs and modify gs path to indicate where you hava gs...exe
- Use append_pdfs like usual
Tested VBA Code but it requires Adobe Standard or Pro, which not suitable.
Find more on ActiveX in Help Center and File Exchange
Community Treasure Hunt
Find the treasures in MATLAB Central and discover how the community can help you!Start Hunting!