Contests
Follow

Chen Lin

The MATLAB Flipbook Mini Hack contest has concluded! Week 4 winners announced.

Chen Lin on 4 Dec 2023
Latest activity Reply by David on 6 Dec 2023

The MATLAB Flipbook Mini Hack contest has concluded! During the 4 weeks, over 600 creative animations have been created. We had a lot of fun and a great learning experience! Thank you, everyone!
Now it’s the time to announce week 4 winners. Note that grand prize winners will be announced shortly after we validate votes on winning entries.
Realism:
Holiday & Season:
Abstract:
Cartoon:
Congratulations, weekly winners!We will reach out to you shortly for your prizes.
David
David on 6 Dec 2023
Congratulations to everyone who participated!
Adam Danz
Adam Danz on 5 Dec 2023 (Edited on 5 Dec 2023)
I'm blown away by the talent that surfaced in this contest and am inspired to dig in to many contest entries to figure out what's going on in the code. Congratulations to everyone who participated and made their imagination into a gif!
Tim
Tim on 6 Dec 2023 (Edited on 6 Dec 2023)
I agree, it was a really enjoyable contest this year. Some personal favorites for aesthetics: Midnattsol (Jenny Bosten) & moon bridge (Zhaoxu Liu). For instructive coding: Street Puddle in a Rainy Day in Metropolis (Adam Danz) and pretty much anything by Eric L. but if I had to pick one, Will O' Wisp. For "Oddly Satisfying and I Can't Stop Looking": The Empty Boat (Lucas) and Mixing colorful dots (Michio). For "Interesting and Informative," Quartz Through the Microscope (Sarah),and chinese clock (Zhaoxu Liu). For "Before it started animating, I thought that was a new Matlab demo image like Mandrill and Peppers," Skywheel (O), for "Underrated," Day & Night (Remix) (Danuanping). Many thanks to the Matlab staff as well; especially Vinay who kept things working and made improvements on the backend. Congratulations all
Sarah Preston
Sarah Preston on 6 Dec 2023
your animations were so amazing and inspiring!!
Sarah Preston
Sarah Preston on 5 Dec 2023
this was so fun!! i can't wait until next year's mini hack :D