NB: This version is for MATLAB release R2014a and earlier. If you are using MATLAB R2014b or later please use the new version here: http://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/fileexchange/47982-gui-layout-toolbox
This toolbox provides tools to create sophisticated MATLAB graphical user interfaces that resize gracefully. The classes supplied can be used in combination to produce virtually any user interface layout.
* Arrange MATLAB user-interface components horizontally, vertically or in grids
* Ability to mix fixed size and variable size elements
* Dynamic resizing of elements by dragging dividers
* Use panels and tabs for switching interface pages
Documentation is included and is integrated into the MATLAB Help Browser. It can also be viewed as a stand-alone web-page.
These layouts are designed to be extensible. A good example of how to do this is Matt Whitaker's ButtonGroups:
This toolbox was developed by Ben Tordoff and David Sampson from the Consulting group at MathWorks.
Ben Tordoff (2023). GUI Layout Toolbox (https://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/fileexchange/27758-gui-layout-toolbox), MATLAB Central File Exchange. Retrieved .
MATLAB Release Compatibility
Platform CompatibilityWindows macOS Linux
Inspired: BiofilmQ, ButtonGroup for HG2, Simple Optimized GUI Tabs, ButtonGroup Objects, Flow Cytometry GUI for Matlab, Dynamical System Viewer, Volumetric Data Explorer, A GUI for plate reader growth curve analyses, Axis XX, GUI Layout Toolbox, OverlayTable, Slicer
Community Treasure Hunt
Find the treasures in MATLAB Central and discover how the community can help you!Start Hunting!
Add link to R2014b version
* Allow vresion to be checked using ver('layout')
Fix support for appdata.
* Improve colorbar handling (ignoring)
* Fix error when axes deleted using R2013a
* Fix a bug when deleting axes using R2013a
* Fix (I hope) bug where axes disappear from tabs
Remove documentation link from description since the new File Exchange page does not allow this.
* Add TabEnable property for controlling the enabled state of individual tabs
Update description to include a link to Matthew Whitaker's ButtonGroup objects.
* Add MinimumSize properties to Boxes and Grids
* Add PreviousChild event-data to uiextras.TabPanel Callback
* Improve enable behavior when used with custom widgets
* Make panel "SelectedChild" property observable for use with event.proplistener
Fix link in description (hopefully - it's a bit of a moving target)
* Add DeleteFcn property
* Add ability to set defaults for various properties
* Fix bug with Panel titles
* Ensure layout objects are deleted when the graphics are deleted
Added missing "root" and "version" functions
Add link to documentation from description
Further documentation typo fixes (must use spellchecker more...)
Fixed some typos in the documentation