Connect to MATLAB Mobile
Connect to a MATLAB® session running on MathWorks Cloud.
Acquire Sensor Data
Acquire data from device sensors – like the accelerometer and GPS – and analyze the data in MATLAB.
Capture Images, Video, and Audio
Take pictures and record video and audio for further processing and analysis.
Learn and Teach
Learn and teach math, engineering, and other subjects right from your mobile device.
- Workspace browser to manage your variables
- MATLAB code suggestions in the Editor
Connect to the MathWorks Cloud and access MATLAB wherever you have Internet connectivity.
Store your files on MATLAB Drive and access them from any device running MATLAB Mobile™. Install MATLAB Drive Connector to synchronize your files between your computers and MATLAB Mobile so you don’t need to manually upload or download them.
Create a MathWorks Account to get started. Unlock more features by linking your MathWorks Account to a license current on MathWorks Software Maintenance Service. Choose the option that meets your needs.
Get Started Now
Connect to the cloud now with your MathWorks Account.
Acquire data from built-in sensors on your device. You can acquire the following data:
- Acceleration on 3-axes
- Angular velocity on 3-axes
- Magnetic field on 3-axes
- Orientation (azimuth, pitch, and roll)
- Position (latitude, longitude, altitude, horizontal accuracy, speed, and course)
You can stream sensor data directly to the MathWorks Cloud for analysis in MATLAB Mobile or MATLAB Online or save the data to log files when you are offline. With support packages, you can analyze the data in MATLAB and build applications that leverage the data.
Download MATLAB Support Package for Android™ or iOS Sensors.
Connect to your camera and microphone from the app to take photos and record audio and videos for further processing and analysis using MATLAB, Image Processing Toolbox™, and more. You can capture and save images from the file browser or access it programmatically from your MATLAB scripts.
MATLAB Mobile makes it convenient to learn and teach in disciplines requiring computational thinking, such as math, physics, and engineering.
- As a professor, you can author examples in MATLAB and demonstrate them on your smartphone or tablet.
- As a student, you can follow along on your mobile device. Create, edit, and run scripts, and instantly connect results to the concepts you’re learning.
When used with Symbolic Math Toolbox™, you can access functions for disciplines like algebra and calculus. Perform analytical computations such as differentiation and integration as well as solving algebraic and ordinary differential equations. Visualize analytical functions in 2D and 3D. Use MATLAB Mobile as a calculator and work with dimensioned physical quantities using units.
- iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
- iOS 15 or later
- Android 10 or later
Requirements to Connect to the Cloud
To use MATLAB Mobile with full functionality, link your MathWorks Account to:
- A valid license that is current on MathWorks Software Maintenance Service.
- An active trial for the latest release of MATLAB. Request a trial.
The following features are not supported:
- Using MATLAB apps, such as Curve Fitting
- Creating apps with App Designer
- Interacting with 3D figures
- Opening or creating models using the Simulink graphical environment