With Model-Based Design, virtual models are at the center of your development process to improve how you deliver complex systems.
Use Model-Based Design with MATLAB® and Simulink® to shorten development cycles and reduce your development time by 50% or more.
- Try new ideas and perform fast repeatable tests with modeling and simulation
- Eliminate manual steps and reduce human error by automating key steps such as reporting, coding, and verification
- Create a digital thread with traceability from requirements and system architecture to component design and tests
- Perform predictive maintenance, detect faults, and optimize the system in operation using models as digital twins
Using MATLAB and Simulink for
“With MathWorks tools for Model-Based Design, we have one integrated tool chain from the beginning of development to the end. We have clear traceability of requirements, and our software is more maintainable because it is implemented as a model from which we automatically generate code.”Thomas Ehl, Continental
Model-Based Design is for:
Agile Software Development
Simulation, automated testing, and code generation shorten the development cycle, enabling you to become a successful Agile team.
Model-Based Systems Engineering
Simulink supports the full system lifecycle by bridging requirements and system architecture to detailed component design, implementation, and testing.
Extend models to systems in operation to perform predictive maintenance and fault analysis.
Deliver continuous software updates by iterating between development and operation through simulation, automated testing, and code generation.
Getting Started with Model-Based Design
Reduce the risk of slowing down development by introducing Model-Based Design in stages. Start with a single project, then build on initial success with expanded model usage and code generation. This ensures an achievable return on investment (ROI) from the beginning.
- Airnamics Develops Unmanned Aerial System for Close-Range Filming with Model-Based Design
- ENGEL Speeds Development of Injection Molding Machine Controllers
- Enabling Small Development Teams with Model-Based Design: Q&A with Airnamics
- Mondragon University Students Build Practical Engineering Skills Through Project-Based Learning
- Simulink for Simulation and Model‑Based Design
- System Modeling and Simulation
- Agile System Development with Model-Based Design
- Model-Based Systems Engineering
- What Is a Digital Twin? 3 Things You Need to Know
- MATLAB and Simulink for Verification, Validation, and Test
- MATLAB and Simulink for Embedded Code Generation
Learn the basics of how to create, edit, and simulate state machines in Stateflow®.
Control Design with Simulink
Get started quickly with the basics of feedback control design in Simulink.