Part one of this two-part series on clock rate pipelining discusses:
- Why clock rate pipelining is needed
- Why pipeline stages need to be inserted into designs that target an FPGA
- How sample rates in Simulink® map to clock rates on an FPGA
- How to use oversampling in HDL Coder™ to scale up Simulink data rates to faster FPGA clock rates
- How clock rate pipelining works
Part two of this series demonstrates how to combine clock rate pipelining with other HDL Coder optimizations to trade off speed versus resource usage.