Introducing the Fixed-Point Converter App for MATLAB
In release R2014b, Fixed-Point Designer will add the Fixed-Point Converter app for automated conversion of floating-point MATLAB code.
How this benefits you:
The Fixed-Point Converter app enables you to convert floating-point MATLAB® code to fixed-point MATLAB code. You can choose to propose data types based on simulation range data, static range data, or both.
Highlights of the webinar include:
- Automated fixed-point conversion of MATLAB code using the Fixed-Point Converter App
- Fixed-point data type proposals based on fraction lengths or word lengths
- Fixed-point data type proposals based on simulation range data, static range data, or both
- Test numerics by running the test file with the fixed-point types applied
- Comparing floating-point and fixed-point test results using the Simulation Data Inspector or your own plotting functions
- Viewing a histogram of bits used by each variable
About the Presenter
Harshita Bhurat - Fixed-Point Designer Product Marketing Manager at MathWorks, Embedded Systems Application Engineer at Broadcom Corp., M.S. in Computer Science at Illinois Institute of Technology.
Recorded: 24 Oct 2014
You can also select a web site from the following list:
How to Get Best Site Performance
Select the China site (in Chinese or English) for best site performance. Other MathWorks country sites are not optimized for visits from your location.