Mealy, Moore, and Continuous-Time Charts
Select the continuous update method for models that respond to both continuous and discrete mode changes. Use Mealy charts to model finite state machines whose output is a function of current input and the current state. Use Moore charts to model finite state machines whose output depend on only the current state.
- Continuous-Time Modeling in Stateflow
Simulate systems that exhibit modal behavior in continuous time.
- Store Continuous State Information in Local Variables
Define continuous-time variables and their derivatives.
Mealy and Moore Charts
- Overview of Mealy and Moore Machines
Create charts that implement Mealy and Moore state machine semantics.
- Design Considerations for Mealy Charts
Use best practices for implementing Mealy semantics in charts.
- Design Considerations for Moore Charts
Use best practices for implementing Moore semantics in charts.
- Convert Charts Between Mealy and Moore Semantics
Achieve equivalent chart behavior when you change state machine types.
- Initialize Persistent Variables in MATLAB Functions
Specialized semantics impact the way that a function initializes persistent data.