If you are using a Campus-Wide License, follow the instructions in the URL below:
You might receive this warning when the MATLAB license file on your computer has an expiration date set by your Administrator and needs to be updated. If you are the End User of the license, please follow the below instructions:
To update the license file:
- Open MATLAB.
- Select the drop-down menu under the "Help" button on the toolbar.
- Select "Licensing".
- Select "Activate Software".
- Follow the prompts in the activation client that will now launch.
- Restart MATLAB
The license file will automatically be placed into the proper location through this process.
After restarting MATLAB, if the license file is still not updated, then please contact your License Administrator as they might need to update the expiration date.
If you still receive this warning after performing the steps above, there may be multiple license files on your computer.
To resolve the issue, remove any additional license files that are about to expire. For help finding your license files, please see the following article:
A video detailing this process can be found below:
Note: You can check the Service End date in the License Center. Please refer the below instructions for the same:
- Log into your MathWorks Account: http://www.mathworks.com/mwaccount
- Select the License.
- Click on the Manage Products tab.
- Check the Service End Date.
- If your Service End date indicates that your license is not about to expire, then please follow the instructions below. However, if the Service End date indicates that your License is expiring then please get in touch with your License Administrators to check for renewal of the license
If you are the Administrator of the license and you need to change the expiration date of the license, then please follow the instructions in the URL below: