There are multiple ways to obtain the installation files for MATLAB depending on the release and requirements:
- Download Only (R2014a and newer)
- ISO Image
- Downloads Page (R2013b and older)
Note: Installation file access is not available on Home or Student licenses for R2019b and older.
Download Only (R2014a and newer)
As of R2020a, anyone can download installation files through the installer. For R2019b and earlier, only License Administrators can download a complete set of installation files using the MathWorks installer.
NOTE: When selecting a platform, choose the platform of the computer you are performing the download on, not the platform of the target machine.
Once the installer is downloaded:
- Select "Log in with a MathWorks account"
- Enter your MathWorks account credentials
- Agree to the Software License Agreement
- For R2020a and above: Click on Advanced Options and select "I want to download without installing"
- For R2019b and earlier: Choose "Download Only"
- Specify the Download Folder and Platform. You can download for multiple platforms if desired.
- Specify Products to Download. (You can use the checkbox at the top to check or uncheck all boxes)
- Confirm the products and platforms to download.
- Complete the Download. Depending on your products and connection speed, this can take anywhere from a few minutes to a few hours.
Note: For trial licenses, the ISO is only available for trial licenses generated by the MathWorks Sales Department.
License Administrators can download the MATLAB .iso image, which contains all of the installation files that are on the DVD. For R2019b and newer, License Administrators have the option to download an ISO image for each update level.
For more information about downloading MATLAB .iso files, please see the following support article:
Once done, you may refer to the link below for instructions on how to install using the ISO:
Downloads Page (R2013b and older)
For R2013b and older, the only method to install is by downloading the installation files via the Downloads page. The files are accessible by both the License Administrators and the Licensed End Users.
For instructions on downloading R2013b and older, please refer to the following link: