This article only applies to R2014a and later. For instructions on downloading R2013b and earlier, see the following article:
To download the MathWorks Installer:
- Go to your MathWorks account homepage: MathWorks Account
- Locate the license you would like to download products for in the list. (Click "View additional Licenses or Trials" if you don't see it.)
- Click the downwards-pointing blue arrow on the same row as the license in question.
- Click the blue button labeled 'Download for <OS/Platform>" to download the MathWorks Installer for latest release of MATLAB you have access to or select an older license in the menu on the left. NOTE: The default operating system shown is derived from the machine that you are accessing the Downloads page on. To download the MathWorks Installer for another operating system than the one listed, select the down arrow to the right of the blue button.
- If prompted by your browser to Run or Save the installer choose to save.
- Locate the installer in a file browser. It should be located in the default download location, unless you specified another location.
- Launch the Installer:
- Windows: Double click the matlab_R20XXx_win(64/32).exe to launch the installer. The Windows Self-Extractor will run, and then the installer will launch.
- Mac: Double-click the matlab_R20XXx_maci64.zip. This will extract the files and automatically make another folder called matlab_R20XXx_maci64. Inside this folder, double-click InstallForMacOSX to launch the installer.
- Linux: Unzip the matlabR20XXxglnxa64.zip file. From the extracted contents, run the install script.
For full instructions on installing MATLAB using the MathWorks Installer, please refer to the following article:
If you intend to install MATLAB on a machine different from the one you are downloading the installer on, see the following article:
Please note that only users who have been granted permission to download by their license administrator can use the installer to download MATLAB and associated products.