Contests
Follow

Chen Lin

MATLAB Mini Hack contest starts. Win $300 gift card and customized T-shirts!

Chen Lin on 4 Oct 2021 (Edited on 14 Oct 2021)
Latest activity Edit by Adam Danz on 17 Oct 2021

As part of MATLAB Central’s 20 year anniversary celebration, we created the MATLAB Mini Hack . The contest starts today on Oct. 4th!

What to do?

Generate an interesting image using up to 280 characters of MATLAB code.

Who can play?

Participants across all skill levels are welcome. Create original entries of your own code, remix others’ entries and make them your own, or simply vote on ENTRIES you love!

How to win prizes?

Those at the top of the leaderboard at the end of the contest will win up to $300 Amazon gift cards, 5 customized T-shirts, or special badges. Visit the prizes section on the contest page for more information.

To add more fun, we will award RANDOM PRIZES that every participant has a chance to win.

• Each week, we will pick 5 players who participate in both the Treasure Hunt and MATLAB Mini Hack .
  • Each week, we will have different surprise giveaways.

Important Notes

• The first week (Oct. 4th, 2021 ~ Oct. 10th 2021) is for creating entries only. Voting starts on Week 2.
  • Make sure you follow the contests (click the ‘follow the contests’ button on the top) to get notified when prizes are awarded and of other important announcements. We hope you are the winner!
Lyes Demri
Lyes Demri on 16 Oct 2021

is the contest over?

Adam Danz
Adam Danz on 17 Oct 2021

No, 2 weeks left. Plenty of time left.

Lyes Demri
Lyes Demri on 17 Oct 2021

I couldn't input any code after entering the title. The text zone just remained grayed out

Adam Danz
Adam Danz on 17 Oct 2021 (Edited on 17 Oct 2021)

This was a problem on the first day of the competition for some users including myself but it was fixed. Try clearing your cache or opening the page using a different browser. If that doesn't work let me know.

KARUPPASAMYPANDIYAN M
KARUPPASAMYPANDIYAN M on 16 Oct 2021

I don't know why? I am addicted to this contest!!!!. Really amazed by beauty of MATLAB code!

Hans Scharler
Hans Scharler on 16 Oct 2021

Yeah, I spent a lot of time here too. I learned a lot from the contest!

Adam Danz
Adam Danz on 17 Oct 2021

Hans, I liked your Mosaic and Tulip. I'm looking forward to seeing another one from you! Maybe an image of a toaster! 🙂

Nicolas Douillet
Nicolas Douillet on 10 Oct 2021 (Edited on 10 Oct 2021)

This contest is so cool, also because we can learn some new Matlab code tricks and grow plenty of new ideas by the way :D

Chen Lin
Chen Lin on 10 Oct 2021

Thanks! We are glad you enjoy the contest and learn from it.

Serhiy Shtovba
Serhiy Shtovba on 7 Oct 2021

May be more fan to restrict the code length up to 2^8=256 symbols.

Nicolas Douillet
Nicolas Douillet on 5 Oct 2021

Hi,

Nice contest ! How many entries can one make ? Thank you.

Chen Lin
Chen Lin on 5 Oct 2021

Thanks. You can make as many entries as you want.

Pink_panther
Pink_panther on 5 Oct 2021

How do we get on the "Leaderboard", is the code shorter the better?

Chen Lin
Chen Lin on 5 Oct 2021

Hi. You are on the leaderboard. Once the contest starts, the ranking will be based on the votes you get on all of your entries.

David
David on 4 Oct 2021

Apologies for those running into a small glitch where the editor doesn't load consistently when trying to create a new entry. We have resolved the issue.

By the look of how many amazing entries we've seen so far, the issue wasn't causing too much of an impact.

Kevin Cardenas
Kevin Cardenas on 4 Oct 2021

Where should the entries be created?

Hans Scharler
Hans Scharler on 4 Oct 2021
Chen Lin
Chen Lin on 4 Oct 2021

There are several places you can create a new entry. You will find the 'New entry' button on the contest landing page. On the Gallery page, there is also a 'New Entry' button in the upper right corner.

See Also