MATLAB and Simulink ROS Tutorials
Updated 5 Oct 2022
MATLAB® and Simulink® ROS™ Tutorials
This is a set of interactive online tutorials teaching the basics of using ROS (Robot Operating System) to develop and program robots. Open these tutorials in either MATLAB or MATLAB Online to learn more about ROS, and get hands-on experience interacting with robots powered by ROS.
- 9 Interactive Lessons
- 4 Practice Programming Projects
- 1.5 Hours estimated time to completion
- What is ROS? Why use ROS? How to use ROS?
- Exploring ROS Networks
- Understanding ROS Messages and Topics
- Using ROS Subscribers
- Using ROS Publishers
- Project - Control Robot to Navigate Maze
- Using ROS Services
- Interact with ROS powered Robots from Simulink and Stateflow
- Intro to rosbags, Node deployment, and Custom Messages
Requires MATLAB release R2022a or newer
Search for "ROS Tutorials" in the MATLAB Addon Explorer
Download this repo and open the ROSBasicsIndex file in MATLAB!
Copyright 2022 The MathWorks, Inc.
MathWorks Student Competitions Team (2023). MATLAB and Simulink ROS Tutorials (https://github.com/mathworks-robotics/matlab-and-simulink-ros-tutorials/releases/tag/22.1.1), GitHub. Retrieved .
MATLAB Release Compatibility
Platform CompatibilityWindows macOS Linux
Community Treasure Hunt
Find the treasures in MATLAB Central and discover how the community can help you!Start Hunting!