User-Defined MATLAB Functions
The HDL Coder block library contains many blocks that you can add to your develop your Simulink® modeling environment and develop your HDL algorithm. You can also integrate your HDL algorithm that contains MATLAB® code in the Simulink environment by using the MATLAB Function and MATLAB System blocks in the User-Defined Functions library.
To filter the Simulink Library Browser to show only HDL-supported blocks, enter
Supported Block Library
Modeling MATLAB Functions
- MATLAB Function Block Design Patterns for HDL
Hardware design patterns that use advanced MATLAB Function block features for HDL code generation.
- Create Hardware Design Patterns Using the MATLAB Function Block For HDL Code Generation
Use the HDL design patterns library
em_hdl_design_patternsto implement patterns that use the MATLAB Function block to solve common hardware modeling problems.
- Design Guidelines for the MATLAB Function Block
Recommended option settings and procedures for MATLAB Function blocks for optimal HDL code generation.
- HDL Applications for the MATLAB Function Block
The MATLAB Function block and its application in HDL code generation.
Generate HDL Code from MATLAB Functions
- Generate HDL Code from a MATLAB Function Block
Learn how to incorporate a MATLAB Function block in your model and generate HDL code.
- Generate Instantiable Code for Functions
Generate Verilog® module or VHDL® entity in HDL code for functions.
- Bitwise Operations in MATLAB for HDL and SystemC Code Generation
HDL Coder™ supports bit shift, bit rotate, bit slice operations that mimic HDL-specific and SystemC-specific operators without saturation and rounding logic.
Specialized semantics impact the way that a function initializes persistent data.