The toolbox provides several functions for viewing image data and volumes. To understand all the toolbox image display capabilities, see Choose Approach to Display 2-D and 3-D Images.
Display Images and Image Sequences
|Browse image slices (Since R2019b)|
|Browse orthogonal slices in grayscale or RGB volume (Since R2019b)|
|Extract oblique slice from 3-D volumetric data (Since R2020a)|
|Create 3-D viewer object (Since R2022b)|
|Display surface in 3-D viewer (Since R2022b)|
|Light source (Since R2023b)|
Image Display in a Figure Window
- Choose Approach to Display 2-D and 3-D Images
Display 2-D images and 3-D volumes programmatically using functions or interactively using apps.
- Display an Image in Figure Window
Display grayscale, RGB, indexed, and binary images in a figure window. Each element of image data is displayed on a single screen pixel.
- Display Multiple Images
Display multiple images in separate figure windows or individually in the same figure window. You can also create a composite of two images for easier comparison.
- Display Different Image Types
Display truecolor, grayscale, binary, and indexed images in a figure window or in the interactive Image Viewer app.
- Print Images
Print images to use them in a word processing program or graphics editor.
- Manage Display Preferences
View and edit preferences to control how images are displayed on your screen by default.
Interactive Image Display
- Get Started with Image Viewer App
Display, explore, and process images interactively with Image Viewer app.
- View Image Sequences in Video Viewer
Animate image sequences using the Video Viewer app. Explore the image sequence with playback, panning, and zooming controls.
- Convert Multiframe Image to Movie
Create a movie from an image sequence of truecolor or indexed images. Movies can be played in the MATLAB® environment or written to a video file.
- Explore 3-D Volumetric Data with Volume Viewer App
View perpendicular cross-sections of 3-D volumetric data and adjust the rendering to reveal structures within the volume.
- Explore 3-D Labeled Volumetric Data with Volume Viewer
View 3-D labeled volumetric data, and adjust the visualization such as the opacity and colormap, using the Volume Viewer app.
- Display Interior Labels by Clipping Volume Planes
Interactively clip a quadrant of a volumetric image to expose a surface within the volume.
- Display Interior Labels by Adjusting Volume Overlay Properties
Adjust the transparency of labeled volumetric data and the rendering style to reveal labels on the interior of the volume.
- Display Volume Using Cinematic Rendering
View volumes with photorealistic lighting and shadows using cinematic rendering.
- Display Translucent Volume with Advanced Light Scattering
This example shows how to display translucent volumes using realistic light scattering.
- Remove Objects from Volume Display Using 3-D Scissors
This example shows how to interactively remove unwanted regions in a 3-D display, such as a patient bed in a CT scan, by using 3-D scissors.
- Display Large 3-D Images Using Blocked Volume Visualization
This example shows how to display large 3-D image volumes using a
blockedImageobject and the
- Explore Slices from 3-D Image Volume with Anisotropic Voxel Spacing
Display slices from a 3-D image volume with voxel spacing that varies between spatial dimensions.