GUI Layout Toolbox
Updated 29 Oct 2020
Editor's Note: Popular File 2017
This file was selected as MATLAB Central Pick of the Week
This toolbox provides tools to create sophisticated MATLAB graphical user interfaces that resize gracefully. The classes supplied can be used in combination to produce virtually any user interface layout.
* Arrange MATLAB user interface components horizontally, vertically or in grids
* Mix fixed- and variable-size components
* Resize components interactively by dragging dividers
* Show and hide components using tabs and panels
* Show part of a large component in a scrollable panel
This toolbox was developed by David Sampson and Ben Tordoff from the [Consulting Services](http://www.mathworks.com/services/consulting/) group at MathWorks.
This version is for MATLAB R2014b and later. For R2014a and earlier, see [version 1](http://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/fileexchange/27758-gui-layout-toolbox).
David Sampson (2023). GUI Layout Toolbox (https://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/fileexchange/47982-gui-layout-toolbox), MATLAB Central File Exchange. Retrieved .
MATLAB Release Compatibility
Platform CompatibilityWindows macOS Linux
Inspired by: GUI Layout Toolbox
Inspired: Laplace Transform Demo, Simple UI, BacStalk, GUITool - Easy and Fast MATLAB GUI Framework, Find and Replace in Files, gQSPSim, Simple Optimized GUI Tabs, Picket-Fence Effect of the DFT, z-Transform Demo, GraphScannerGUI, Flow Cytometry GUI for Matlab, A GUI for plate reader growth curve analyses, Axis XX, tfigure, Message Logger, gQSPSim, Discrete-Time Convolution, Superposition Demo, SortingAlgorithms, scatool, AIRCRAFT SIMULATION, kview - Interface for signal/data easy visualization and processing
Community Treasure Hunt
Find the treasures in MATLAB Central and discover how the community can help you!Start Hunting!
Discover Live Editor
Create scripts with code, output, and formatted text in a single executable document.
* Updated for compatibility with R2020b uipanels
* Fixed G1910801 "Scrolling panel does not work in figure with Units other than 'pixels'"
* Updated for compatibility with R2018b axes toolbars
* Set tooltip strings for BoxPanel dock/undock, minimize/maximize, help and close buttons
* Specify minimum width and height of contents in uix.ScrollingPanel
* Added scrolling panel
* Fixed G1175938 "Cannot use data cursor mode with GUI Layout Toolbox containers"
* Improved box panel title bar appearance
Removed HTML tags from description since File Exchange does not render markup. No changes to the submission itself.